- Campgrounds - Most organized campgrounds have showers, hot water is harder to come by. All KOA campgrounds have a shower.
- Use your gym membership - Are you a member of a national gym chain? Most of these chains offer an all-access membership option that will get you in to use the facilities at any of their locations.
- Hotels near major attractions - A lot of these hotels have figured out that they can make a few bucks off campers. They often have pay-per-use shower facilities. These run the gamut from nightmarish quarter-fed ice-cold closets to large, well-kepy bathhouses. Cost on average between $3-$7.
- YMCA - It's not just a fun dance move... Most YMCAs will let you come and check out their facility for the first time for free. These are typically really nice and have wonderful hot showers.
- Flying J or other truck stops - Some truck stops have showers for truckers that you can pay to use. These are often more luxurious than you'd guess!
- Solar shower - Never seen one of these? They're nifty. Basically a high quality PVC bag with a nozzle that can be filled with water and left in the sun to provide a brief but welcome hot shower anywhere you choose.
- Swim. Find a river, lake, waterfall, or ocean and let nature cleanse you, no shower shoes needed.
With exception to the last instance listed above, we recommend bringing shower shoes, a towel, and your own soap.